I’m excited about evolution, population genetics, genotype-phenotype-fitness map, simulations, genome organization, genetic architecture of complex traits, and algorithms to study all of the above. My other interests include travel, hiking, music
- Population genomics of nematodes with different reproduction modes (Caenorhabditis elegans and C. remanei)
- Evolution of gene regulatory networks
- Genome assembly and annotation (Caenorhabditis brenneri)
- 2006 – 2011: Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU), Faculty of Biology, Department of Genetics, Moscow, Russia. Specialist degree in Molecular Genetics.
- 2012: ComPhy-2012 summer school, Moscow, Russia
- 2011-2013: Yandex School of Data Analysis, Moscow, Russia. Bioinformatics, Master’s degree.
- 2014: Next-generation sequencing course 2014, FBB MSU, Moscow, Russia
- 2015: Molecular phylogenies to answer ecological questions (by Dr. Diego Fontaneto), MSU, Moscow, Russia
- 2011-2016: Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Laboratory of Genetic Identification, Moscow, Russia. PhD in Genetics. Thesis theme “The genetic history of a small isolated population of Atlantic cod Gadus morhua from Kildin Island” (Advisor: Prof. Dr. Lev A. Zhivotovsky).
- 2017: Deep Learning for Biology (by Grigory Sapunov), HSE University, Moscow, Russia
03.2018 - present time: Institute of Ecology and Evolution, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, USA (Lab Head Prof. Dr. Patrick Phillips) Genomic data analysis, population genomics of C. remanei and C. elegans, genome annotation, bulk sergeant analysis, evolutionary population simulations, genetic architecture of complex traits. Popgen. Evolution of gene regulatory networks | Objects: Caenorhabditis remanei, C. elegans, C. briggsae, C. brenneri | Postdoctoral researcher, Collaboration with Kern-Ralph colab
02.2017- 09.2017: Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Moscow, Russia, Group of Bioinformatics (Lab Head Prof. Dr. Vsevolod Makeev) RAD-seq analysis, Single cell RNA-Seq | Object: Salvelinus alpinus, Danio rerio | Collaboration, seminars
10.2014-08.2017: Evrogen JSC, Moscow, Russia RNA-seq analysis, ChIP-seq data analysis, De-novo genome/transciptome assembly and annotation, small RNA analysis, metagenomics, variant calling, exome analysis, transgene insertion site discovery, pipeline development, report writing Bash/Perl/Python/R programming | Objects: human, human gut microbiome, Danio rerion, Mus musculus, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Gallus gallus, Rhodococcus, Populus tremula, Drosophila melanogaster, Xenopus laevis, Cricetulus griseus, Eupentacta fraudatrix, Pleurotus ostreatus, Trametes versicolor | Bioinformatician, project work
02.2014-present time: Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution, Moscow, Russia Laboratory of Systematics and Evolution of Parasites (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Sergey Spiridonov) Primer design, phylogenetic analysis, cophylogenetic analysis, molecular taxonomy analysis, population genomics | Objects: parasites (Trichinella, Phthiraptera, Nematomorpha, Rhabditida), and birds (Pycnonotidae, Eurylaimidae) with their lice (Myrsidea, Bruelia) | Junior researcher, since 2018 a consultant
01.2016-02.2016, 10.2016-05.2017: Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Genetics, Moscow, Russia Ontology analysis | Objects: Arabidopsis thaliana, Fagopyrum esculentum, Vitis vinifera | Collaboration (with Dr. Alexey A. Penin)
11.2015-12.2015,12.2016-03.2017: Timiryazev Institute of Plant Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia Laboratory of the molecular basis of the intracellular regulation Variant calling, genome assembly | Objects: Synechocystis, Cyanobacterium | Collaboration (with Dr. Kirill S. Mironov)
06.2015-02.2016: Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Entomology Population genetics, phylogenetics | Objects: flies (Nothybidae, Celyphidae) | Collaboration (with Dr. Tatiana V. Galinskaya)
02.2014-10.2015: Russian Federal Research Institute of Fisheries and Oceanography, Moscow, Russia (Lab Head Dr. Alexey M. Orlov) Population genetics, phylogenetics, demographic history | Objects: Anoplopoma fimbria, Gadus morhua, Gadus macrocephalus | Collaboration
01.2012-09.2012: Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Moscow, Russia Group of Bioinformatics Microarray analysis, transcriptomic profiling | Object: Saccharomyces cerevisiae | Collaboration (with Dr. Ivan V. Kulakovskiy)
10.2011-05.2012: Thompson Reuters Corporation, Moscow Office, Russia R analysis, Paper analysis, Microarray data analysis | Object: human | Bioinformatician
06.2009-12.2016: Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Moscow, Russia Laboratory of Genetic Identification (Lab Head Prof. Dr. Lev A. Zhivotovsky) Population genetics | Objects: Oncorhynchus keta, Gadus morhua | Diploma work, Graduate school, expeditions